Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Rack of Lamb with Soy-Dijon Glaze

When I first saw this recipe for Rack of Lamb, I thought it would never measure up to my favorite, Rack of Lamb with Rosemary Breadcrumbs.

The Rosemary Breadcrumb recipe is excellent, and I won’t be leaving it in the lurch anytime soon, but when my husband opted to try a gluten free diet, we were delighted when my aunt presented this alternative treatment for rack of lamb.

The ingredients are handy in most kitchens, the preparation is simple, and, I must admit, I was delighted by the delicious results. Lamb lovers take note: this recipe is a keeper!

RACK of LAMB with SOY-DIJON GLAZE
For the Glaze:
4 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. soy sauce
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1 Tbs. fresh chopped parsley
1 clove of garlic, minced (or to taste)
Freshly ground black pepper
(Makes enough for two racks of lamb)

1. Combine above ingredients to make glaze. Trim as much fat from a Frenched rack of lamb as possible. Brush both sides of lamb with glaze.

2. Broil each side for five minutes, then roast in 400º oven, 20 minutes for medium, 23 minutes or so for medium well done, depending on thickness of lamb.

That’s it! We served it with steamed broccoli, sautéed potatoes, and a dry rosé wine. Whatever your side dishes, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment