ORECCHIETTE with TUNA, PEAS, CANNELLINI BEANS, and MUSHROOMS
6 Tbs. olive oil and drained
1-2 large shallots, chopped A splash of lemon juice
6-8 cloves garlic, minced ½ lb. orecchiette
4 cans solid white tuna in water Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth Fresh chopped parsley
½ cup dry white wine Freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano
1 tsp. dry oregano cheese
1 10-oz. pkg. frozen peas
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tsp. salt.
2. Rinse peas briefly and drain. Don’t worry if they aren’t completely thawed.
3. Heat 1 Tbs. olive oil in deep frying pan. Over medium high heat, sauté mushrooms in oil until they give off their liquid and start to brown. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
4. In same pan, heat remaining 5 Tbs. olive oil. Sauté shallots until they are soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
5. Stir in wine and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer about 13 minutes. Stir in beans, peas, and mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper and let sit while pasta is cooking.
6. Cook pasta according to package directions, which should take about 11 minutes.
7. Drain pasta and add to bean mixture. Reheat briefly, add drained and chopped tuna, a splash of lemon juice, and parsley. Serve with crusty bread, salad, and your favorite white wine. Pass cheese separately. Generously serves 4-6.